Tips on What to Bring for a Day Trip
If you're going to be visiting us for the festival but not camping there are still some things you might want to bring with you . . .
- Chairs - preferably low back so as not to block the view of those behind you
- Sunscreen - while we do have a covered seating area there is still plenty of good ole Virginia sunshine up on that mountain!
- Layers of clothing for warm days and cool nights
- Sweater / Jacket - once the sun goes down it can get a little cool
- Umbrella / Rain Gear - we have been known to get a small shower every now and then
- Insect Repellant
- Wet wipes for the little ones (and sometimes the big ones)
- Instruments - you might want to wander up to one of the camp sites, meet some new friends and do some pickin'!
What we offer on the festival grounds:
We want everyone that comes to our festival to have a great time, enjoy the music and make some great lifelong friends. To this end, we have the following on the festival grounds:
Please remember - no coolers, alcohol, or pets allowed in the concert area.
- Food Vendors - breakfast, lunch & dinner
- Restrooms, Porta-johns and outside sinks
- Shower House
- Ice available for purchase
- Merchandise Vendors offering a variety of goods
- CDs, T-shirts, etc. available for purchase from most of the performers
2020 Dr. Ralph Stanley Bluegrass Festival Website
Dr. Ralph Stanley's
Hills of Home Festival
May 26 - May 29, 2021